A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Geological Society of Africa (GSAf) and the International Association of Geoethics (IAGETH) was signed on the 26th April 2013 by the Presidents of the two organizations, Prof. Aberra Mogessie (GSAf) and Prof. Jesús Martínez-Frías (IAGETH), who is also the GSAf Goodwill Ambassador to Spain.
Objective of the Memorandum of Understanding
The objective of the MoU is to bring the two organizations together to raise the awareness in African geoscientists to the importance of giving due attention to ethical aspects and issues during their professional activities.
Areas of cooperation
- Both organizations will have a link to the other organization in their respective websites.
- When organizing scientific events, both organizations will include their respective logos.
- Members of each organization will have free access to the materials produced by the other organization.
- Both organizations will support each other in international fora for the development of their respectiveactivities.
- Other similar activities as might be deemed necessary and agreed upon by both organizations in the future.
This Memorandum of Understanding is signed for an initial period of four years and will be automatically renewed, for the same period, except indicated otherwise by either party.