A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the African Network for Geoeducation (ANGE) and the International Association of Geoethics (IAGETH) was signed on the 19th February 2015 by the Presidents of the two organizations, Dr. Abdelouahed Lagnaoui (ANGE), who is also IAGETH member and Prof. Jesús Martínez-Frías (IAGETH),.
Objective of the Memorandum of Understanding
The objective of the MoU is to bring the two organizations together to raise the awareness in African geoscientists to the importance of giving due attention to Geoeducational and Geoethical aspects and issues during their professional activities.
Areas of cooperation
- Both organizations will have a link to the other organization in their respective websites.
- When organizing scientific events, both organizations will include their respective logos.
- Members of each organization will have free access to the materials produced by the other organization.
- Both organizations will support each other in international fora for the development of their respective activities.
- Other similar activities as might be deemed necessary and agreed upon by both organizations in the future
“…The aims of the African Network for Geo-Education [ANGE] are to promote geoscience education in Africa at all levels, to work for enhancement of the quality of geoscience education in Africa and Arabian World and to encourage developments raising public awareness of geoscience, particularly amongst all people. The ANGE will be open on the international context, through cooperation with other organization that have the same goals.” (ANGE website).
Further information: MoU